Is it time to file bankruptcy?
There isn’t set point where someone should file bankruptcy. It all depends on your circumstances. Some of the indicators I see are:
- Are you considering a divorce because you and your spouse keep fighting over the bills? Some couples find that after a bankruptcy, the fighting lessens.
- Are you going without making the house payment so you can have food on the table?
- Are you in jeopardy of losing your home?
- Have you been taking out new credit cards to pay off the old ones?
- Are you losing sleep worrying about your bills?
- Have you seen health related problems?
- Are you working two or three jobs?
- Financial stress can cause exhaustion and anxiety.
- Are you doing things that are not your usual pattern such as drinking too much, buying lotto tickets, or considering payday loans? All of these can be a sign of desperation that can be lessened by a bankruptcy.
If any of the above sounds familiar, it is time to consult with a bankruptcy attorney and learn about the financial options available to you. Call the Law Office of Yvonne Michaud Novak to schedule your free, no obligation consultation at 218-720-2888.