We’re now offering our popular
Medical Planning Webinar online.
Join us from the comfort of your couch!
Free Webinar for Duluth Seniors and Their Loved Ones
Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Learn How to Protect Your Assets, Make Your Wishes Known, Stay as Independent as Possible, and Access the Care You Need Without Becoming a Burden to Your Family or Going Broke in a Nursing Home
A new ruling by the courts to expand medical assistance qualification was passed on July 12, 2021 which allows Minnesota families to legally reallocate assets to qualify for Medical Assistance rather than spending their hard-earned savings and jeopardizing their home to pay for skyrocketing long-term care costs. Here in Duluth, the average cost for a private room in a nursing home is averaging $12,000 a month.
Historically, Minnesota seniors could not use tools like irrevocable trusts to legally protect their assets from nursing homes or long term care costs. This resulted in people losing the ability to pass assets like cabins or homes to their children or beneficiaries – not to mention their savings, retirement and inheritance for their children and future generations.
Even though you’ve worked hard your entire life, purchased a family home, and saved enough for retirement (and possibly enough to leave an inheritance for your loved ones) — you and your family may end up with nothing if you need care related to aging.
DID YOU KNOW….
• Medicare and private health insurance do NOT cover most costs related to longterm care;
• The average cost of long-term care for seniors in our area is $12,000 per month!
• Most seniors will be told that they have too many assets or too much income to qualify for Medicaid benefits that will cover long-term care costs. What the government won’t tell you, however, is that there are ways to legally reallocate your assets so that you CAN qualify!
We are hosting a free educational webinar to help seniors and their loved ones plan ahead for long-term care needs.
What you learn during this event will help ensure that you are positioned to access the highest-quality care possible when you need it, that you can receive that care wherever you want (in-home or at an assisted living or nursing home facility of YOUR choice), and that you and your family won’t go broke trying to pay for it all.
Here’s what else you’ll learn during our free webinar:
• QUALIFYING FOR MEDICAID: How you can protect your home and retirement nest egg from nursing home costs.
• TRADITIONAL ESTATE PLANS: Why they won’t help with nursing home costs and the type of plan that will. • THE 5-YEAR LOOK BACK: How it works and why planning early is vital to protect your assets.
• PROBATE: How it works, and more importantly, how you can avoid it altogether.
• PRESERVING YOUR MEDICAID ELIGIBILITY: The activities that you must avoid to not disqualify yourself from Medicaid benefits.
• INCAPACITY: Make your final wishes known with a Living Will and Health Care Power of Attorney. Avoid a potentially humiliating and expensive guardianship proceeding if you become legally incapacitated.
• IMMEDIATE NEED VS. MEDICAID PRE-PLANNING: The differences and how you can protect more of your assets.
• DIVORCE AND REMARRIAGE: How to safeguard your children’s inheritance from their own divorce and your surviving spouse’s remarriage.
Proper planning can help you protect your independence, dignity, and stay in full control as you age. Join us for this educational event where we’ll share ideas and strategies to help you prepare for the future. Register by filling out the form.
Yes! Send me the instructions on how to join this 90 minute medical planning webinar!
Yvonne Michaud Novak
Meet the author of Modern Medical Planning: An Everyday Guide for Today’s Families
Yvonne Michaud Novak is dedicated to helping families from the devastating legal effects of disability and death. With proper planning, individuals and families can avoid unnecessary court proceedings, protect their assets and provide for the security of loved ones.
Yvonne is licensed to practice law in MN and WI. Prior to opening her law firm, she worked as a paralegal, certified financial planner, and licensed nursing home administrator giving her a unique perspective on client’s situation.
Over the years, Yvonne has helped families preserve and pass on their hard-earned wealth through wise medical planning choices, providing them with peace of mind.
We look forward to seeing you!
Be sure to participate with your spouse, or feel free to invite a friend.